ITIL® 4 Bundle - Foundation and Direct Plan & Improve
- 26 Hours
- Course Date :
Share this course
ITIL® 4 Foundation and ITIL® 4 Direct Plan and Improve Bundle E-learning
This e-learning bundle is ideal for anyone looking to kick-start their journey through the ITIL® 4 certification framework, but isn't sure which route they want to take - you must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation module before you can do any of the other qualifications, and ITIL® 4 Direct, Plan and Improve is the one module that sits across both the Managing Professional and Strategic Leader streams.
You have 12 months to complete both courses, and so all the learning can be done at your own pace.
About the course
The ITIL® 4 Foundation course provides delegates with an extensive introduction to the core concepts of ITIL 4. It helps your understanding of the ITIL® 4 principles and demonstrates how it can improve an individual's work and the work of the organisation.
The ITIL® 4 Direct Plan and Improve qualification provides you with the practical skills necessary to create a 'learning and improving' IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction. It teaches you a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility.
Direct Plan and Improve (DPI) is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL® 4 Managing Professional which assesses the candidate's practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows. It is also a pre-requisite for the designation of ITIL® 4 Strategic Leader, which assesses the candidate's ability to build and implement an effective IT and digital strategy that can tackle digital disruption and drive success.
The Foundation elearning takes approximately 10-12 hours and the DPI takes approximately 12-14 hours to complete.
There are no formal pre-requisites for the ITIL® 4 Foundation.
For the DPI exam there are two formal prerequisites. You must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation examination and you must attend an accredited training course.
At the end of the Foundation course, you will:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help organizations to adopt and adapt ITIL service management
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and the activities of the service value chain, and how they connect
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement
At the end of the Direct, Plan and Improve course, you will:
- Understand the key concepts of direct, plan & improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- Understand the role of GRC and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of communication and organizational change management to direction, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in direction, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
The target audience is:
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- Individuals working in other parts of “IT” (digital, product, development) with strong interface with service delivery
- Managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team
ITIL® 4 Foundation and ITIL® 4 Direct Plan and Improve Bundle
What is the exam format ?
The ITIL® 4 Foundation and the ITIL® 4 Direct Plan and Improve exams are taken online via remote proctor.
ITIL® 4 Foundation
- Closed book
- 60 minutes duration
- 40 questions each worth 1 mark
- Pass mark 65% or higher (26 marks or above)
ITIL® 4 DPI
- 90-minute duration
- Closed book
- 40 questions
- Pass mark is 70% or higher - a raw score of 28 marks or above