How to Handle Difficult People
- 1 Day
- Virtual Classroom
- Course Date :
Share this course
How To Handle Difficult People
This course teaches participants techniques to deal with difficult customers and staff members in a positive and assertive way. Participants learn the assertiveness model and various strategies to communicate with individuals who are dominant or potentially emotionally volatile. Program activities include role-plays with difficult situations, boundary setting and empathising. Participants also learn about themselves in interaction with others, how emotional responses can impede positive outcomes and what to do about it. The manual is designed for quick scanning in the classroom and filled with interactive exercises that help ensure participant success.
This course is suitable for anyone who, in their day-to-day work, deals with people who may present as
difficult to handle on occasions.
Suggested titles include Managers, Supervisors, Frontline Managers, Training Managers, Help Desk Supervisors, Administration Staff, Customer Service Officers or staff who have difficult colleagues and are looking for a way to manage interactions more diplomatically.
- Minimises friction caused by miscommunication or lack of empathy
- Consequent increase in rapport and potential retention of difficult customers
- Lift in productivity through confidence in difficult interactions
- Helps participants understand themselves better to enhance behavioural change necessary to be an effective communicator
- Builds skills to minimise conflict and defuse tense situations
- Includes strategies to help resolve differences and find ways of working effectively with all types of people
- Provides skills to let you be yourself, stand your ground and manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
- Allows time for practice and insight