Conflict Resolution - Getting Along in the Workplace
- 1 Day
- Virtual Classroom
- Course Date :
Share this course
Conflict Resolution - Getting Along In The Workplace
All of us experience conflict. We argue with our spouses, disagree with our friends, and sometimes even quarrel with strangers at a football match. At times we lose sight of the fact that all this conflict is normal. So long as people are individuals there will be the potential for conflict. Since you can't prevent conflict, the most important thing is to learn how to handle or manage it in productive ways. What is critical for resolving conflict is developing an understanding of, and a trust in, shared goals. It requires openness, discipline, and creativity. Showing respect for other people and not blaming them enables people to work for mutual benefit. Through this workshop, you will begin to both demystify and better manage everyday disputes, in order to resolve problems without damaging relationships. You will improve your ability to constructively manage conflict, as well as helping to mediate disputes for others.
- People managers in a work situation
- Organisations that foster diversity of thinking may wish to up-skill staff to deal with the conflict that sometimes eventuates
- Team leaders/members in a team that has ongoing conflict amongst the group
- People in very tense and competitive environments
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Boosts productivity through time saving, ease of management and focus on the 'right' issues
- Staff are more protected and likely to stay
- Strengthen staff trust and morale.
- Creates a better feeling and stronger organisation
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate.
- Recognise the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- Increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies.
- Become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance