Effective Learning and Development- A Simple Approach.
Effective Learning and Development- A Simple Approach.
Digital transformation will continue to influence the business realm. As the world is rapid changing, there lies an intrinsic need therefore for organisations to evolve with the latest advances both in terms of technology and methodology.
Thus, it has become extremely important for corporate, in-order to stay competitive, focus on improving the skills of the workforce in various ways. One of the ways is to focus on their employee training and development.
Companies who care to train their workforce for the future challenges are more likely to have a high retention rate. This will not only lead to enhanced employee engagement but will also boosts the productivity of the organisation. Therefore, it becomes imperative to create comprehensive employee learning and development strategies for being positioned as progressive organisation in these modern times.
The Importance of Employee Training and Development:
A study conducted by the American Society for Training & Development compared two corporate groups, where one company spent nearly three times as much as the other on organisation training, and the results were startling. The group that invested more recorded a 57% increase in sales and a 37% rise in gross profit per employee. This clearly highlights the importance of investing in training and development to ensure high productivity and effective returns.
However, there are many other reasons to invest in employee Learning and Development:
- Higher level of engagement with the employer: Job-specific training helps employees to brush up on their professional skills and become more valuable to their employers. This also increases the engagement of employees with their companies, making them more focused on their work.
- Equipped to embrace new trends with ease: It will help your workforce to embrace new tools and technologies with ease. They become better equipped to stay up to date with innovations. Implement their learning toward improving the work processes and thereby streamline organizational productivity.
- Nurture talents and employee retention: Companies which emphasise proper training and development of their workforce are more likely to get a talented team that could set an enviable industry benchmark. While this benefits the company in terms of employee retention, the employees also become more capable and confident.
- Get the distinctive edge over competition: With the continuously changing business environment, keeping abreast of the latest tools, trends, and technologies is of the utmost importance. In this context, upgrading yourself is not enough. Instead, as the decision-maker of your company, you need to upgrade the skills of your workforce too according to the latest standards. With a well-trained team of workers, you will gain an edge over your industry competitors and become a trendsetter. NextTech Learning, an Australian home grown and owned corporate training service provider can offer these great resources and tools required to up-skill your team.
- Improves pathways for internal promotions: One of the instant benefits of employee training and development is that it enables employees to eventually secure top-level positions within the company. This not only helps cut the costs that you might incur while hiring a new employee but also boosts employee morale, as there is always something to aspire toward. At the same time, it will also increase employee loyalty, which in turn boosts employee retention.
Keeping the above benefits in mind, conceiving a comprehensive Learning and Development strategy after evaluating your organisations training and skill needs with NextTech Learning offers and courses could be the winning formula for your organisation.
Key objectives for your Learning & Development Strategies:
Listed below are some criterions that your strategy should aim towards for getting the best outcomes from your learning objectives.
1. Fulfil employees’ requirements: The strategies should cater to the major Learning and Development requirements of your employees, such as an increase in knowledge and experience, personal resilience, professional expertise, etc.
2. Contribute towards skill development in a sustainable way: Aim to develop all aspects of human capital, without compromising the physical and mental well-being of the workers.
3. Instil leadership qualities: Training programs should be developed to promote leadership qualities among the employees. This will allow teams to become more robust and self-reliant.
Employee Learning and Development- Key Strategies:
1. Get internal endorsements: Merely creating a plan is not enough, you need to present the idea to the management in a realistic manner to convey its importance. This encourages them to show active participation as well. Likewise, it is important to inform the employees about the long-term benefits of the training program in order to gain their confidence.
2. Identify the gaps: Several gaps may be present in existing training models or even in the existing skills of the workers. To find these gaps, it is imperative to focus on:
- The scope for modifying training programs to help update employees on new features or methods, like upgraded software/tools.
- The workflow hurdles that employees face—identify the points where processes tend to stall.
3. Create Metrics: This will help you to evaluate the success of your employee training and development program. Use parameters like:
- Training cost
- Ease-of-use of the training software
- Rate of course completion
- Staffing plans of the organisation
- Employee engagement
- Number of employees that complete the course
- Total time spent in training
- Repeated visits of employees to the training
4. Select the right training techniques: This plays a big role in effectively attaining your workforce training goals. Some of the factors to consider while choosing the training methods are:
- Training location and resources
- Training type, whether self-paced or based on learner’s response
- Primary and secondary training methods
- Depending on the outcomes, you can start a classroom, online, virtual- Instructor led, on-demand, simulation-led, or blended/bespoke training program.
While training your employees, it is important to provide them with consistent support and flexible learning modalities along with a comprehensive pathway to choose and assess their learning and development needs. NextTech Learning is one such comprehensive yet cost effective Australian home grown and owned corporate training provider offering a wide spectrum of courses and certification which can be delivered through extremely flexible learning modalities.
Hope you could gain some insights for designing effective Learning and Development programs to give your organisation a distinctive edge.